We use ABC.XYZ as a company name for confidential reason. ABC.XYZ engaged Motionwave to design an IT solution which need to meet requirements below:
• Replace their custom lift application that runs on Microsoft Access 2010 front end and Microsoft SQL server back end.
• Get rid of their on-premise servers
• Increase Internet speed for Sydney office and Melbourne office
We migrated all their IT infrastructure to Amazon Web Service (AWS). This solution enables them to login from anywhere. We created a new web portal built on ASP.net technology to replace their Microsoft Access application. Their old ADSL connection was upgraded to midband Ethernet technology. This improved their upload speed from 0.5 Mbps to 5 Mbps. We also migrated 70 mailboxes from on premise exchange to Office365.
• Sales employees can now access lift portal from any web browser and any devices and they do not need to rely on Microsoft Access installed on PC anymore.
• Number of IT calls about speed and connection to database from Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth branch offices drops significantly since they use web portal to access their lift application.
• Productive hours loss due to on premise email server down time has been significantly reduced since all emails were migrated to Microsoft Office365.
Result Property Group Pty Ltd
Result Property Group engaged Motionwave to assist them in office relocation project. Some of their requirements were:
• Office Relocation
• New Internet connection
• New phone system to replace PABX
We arranged a new midband Ethernet with 10 Mbps download/upload speed to be installed in their new office. The new Internet connection installation took about 6 weeks to complete. We also configured and installed Cisco UC520 phone system with 5 handsets to replace their old PABX. All their servers were turned off, transported, and turned back on on Friday afternoon.
They were up and running on Friday night.
• All RPG IT infrastructures were moved to new office in one night
• New Cisco phone system saves the company on call cost for about 50% and also they do not need to pay for line rental to add an additional extension
• They are running much faster Internet than their old ADSL connection
Kanes Hire Pty Ltd
Kanes Hire Pty Ltd engaged Motionwave to upgrade their IIS server from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2008 R2 server and to upgrade their Internet connection from SHDSL – 1Mbps link to Midband Ethernet at 10 Mbps speed.
We had to upgrade Kanes Hire website server (IIS) from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2008 R2 because of memory limitation on Windows 2000 server operating system. Since direct upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2012 is not supported, we also assisted them with their website migration to new Windows 2012 server. We also upgraded their Internet to 10 Mbps.
• Much better Kanes Hire website performance because we remove memory limitation and their website is running at much faster speed.
• Customers can download their own invoices at faster speed since we upgraded their Internet connection speed.
Special Olympics Australia
Special Olympics Australia (SOA) engaged Motionwave to assist them in office relocation from Homebush to Alexandria and also to virtualize 3 physical servers into 3 virtual servers stored in one physical server.
We came to their new office in Alexandria, did site audit, organized new cables to be installed in the new office for workstations/printers/IT devices, and installed new Internet connection. We virtualized their 3 physical servers into 3 virtual servers. We also assisted them in transporting all their IT equipment from Homebush office to Alexandria office. We started to move their IT equipment at 5 PM in the afternoon and they were up and running at 9 PM.
• New Internet connection in Alexandria office
• All servers, routers and switches are running from Alexandria office
• 3 Physical servers become 1 physical server with 3 virtual servers running on it.
Project Design Services NSW Pty Ltd
PDS engaged Motionwave to assist them in setting up linux file server where they can store files and access files anywhere.
We deployed a Synology NAS unit which runs on linux operating system. We setup shared folder and also cloud synchronization on mobile phone, and laptop.
• A Linux File server which allows all users to access files from multiple PCs
• Cloud Synchronisation which allows single copy of file to be synchronized as soon as changes were made. This ensures that all staff has up to date information and not having multiple versions of files.